Plan today to secure your tomorrow with a Life File.
What if something unforeseen happens to you today? Will your loved ones know where to find your important documents, Will and last wishes?
It is vitally important to 1) Put together a Life File and 2) Draw up or update your Will.
What is a Life File?
This is a file that consists of your important information and documentation that your family will require in the event of your death or disability.
What is included in a Life File?
- Completed and signed copy of your last Will
- Certified copy of nominated executor’s ID
- Certified copy of your ID
- Certified copy of your spouse’s ID
- Certified copy of your marriage certificate
- Certified copy of your children’s IDs
- Certified copy of divorce decree
- Certified copy of settlement agreement
- Certified copy of maintenance agreement
- Copy of your insurance policies and contracts – both short and long-term insurance
- Certified copy of your firearm license
- Certified copy of your driver’s license
- Copy of all your vehicle’s registration documents
- Copy of all your vehicle’s license receipts
- Copy of your municipal account/s
- Copy of your telephone, service provider or cellular accounts
- Copy of all fixed properties’ title deeds or information regarding where they can be found
- Copy of your lease or rental agreement
- List of investments and broker details
- List of all IOU’s in your favour
- List of all IOU’s that you owe your creditors (clothing or furniture accounts etc.)
- Your banking details
- List of where your cash allowances are held and certified copies of cash allowances certificates
- Particulars of your employer
- Particulars of your pension fund and/or group insurance
- Certified copy of your latest income tax assessment or e-Filling login details
- Copy of your funeral policy particulars
Speak to Iemas Insurance Brokers about your Will today. Call 0860 102 383 or visit www.iemas.co.za for more information