Being a single parent in very difficult especially during the lockdown period. It requires a lot of resilience, proper financial planning, and hard work. In light of women’s day, we have compiled a few tips to help single moms cope emotionally and financially during lockdown and beyond:
- With a proper foolproof plan and structure in place, you can accomplish anything. Planning takes time, but once you have it in place, it will make life a lot easier. Create housework schedules so that everyone can pitch in when it comes to cooking and cleaning.
- If your children are still small and you do not have help, create a schedule for yourself. You do not have to do everything in one day you can have certain days for cleaning certain parts of the house and certain days for washing. Also, create a schedule for mealtimes, schoolwork, play activities, bath time and bedtime. Meal plans and shopping lists will also go a long way in creating structure in your life.
- Look for ways to save money. Start by compiling a monthly budget so that you can track all your expenses and see where you are overspending. Put away some money for your children’s education so that you can afford to pay for their tertiary education in the future. By investing in an Iemas Insurance Brokers Educational Savings Plan, you can save as little as R200 per month. Don’t forget to also save for yourself with a retirement annuity.
- Look for Ways to Make Money. Having more than one stream of income can help you through tough economic times. You can earn extra cash by doing a part-time job which does not take too much time. You can also earn income from investments or renting out a property or a part of your property. Iemas Insurance Brokers is looking for Lead Referral Agents who can provide them with a minimum of 30 leads per month for short-term insurance quotes. If this sounds interesting to you, contact Lize Badenhorst on 012 674 8729 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Take care of yourself. There are many ways that parents can sacrifice their own time, money and peace of mind to make sure that their children have what they need. However, do not forget about yourself. Take time out for just you, even if it is just taking a bath or having a cup of tea by yourself.
Contact Iemas Insurance Brokers about affordable insurance solutions that you can trust and afford to secure the people and things you love. Speak to us on 0860 102 383 or visit www.iemasinsurancebrokers.co.za.