We all deserve a good break, but not at the cost of our health and safety. As we look forward to the upcoming long weekends, we share a few tips to keep you safe and healthy:
Home Safety Tips:
- Inform your security company that you will be going away so that they can keep an eye on your house;
- Before you leave your house, make sure that all the windows and doors are closed and locked-up.
- Install a timer to switch lights on and off while you are away;
- Unplug all unnecessary appliances such as the TV and kitchen appliances, as well as switching off the geyser;
- If possible, ask someone you trust to come to your house while you are away so that there can be movement in and around the house;
- If you have done renovations in your house or bought new items, it is always important to inform your insurer and update your cover
- Ensure that your home content insurance is always up to date so that when you have to claim all your items are covered;
Vehicle Safety Tips:
- Ensure that your car is completely roadworthy. Check the tyres, brakes and windscreen wipers;
- Make sure that you have an emergency kit in your car, this will include: jumper cables, foldable reflective triangle, tow rope, emergency window hammer with seatbelt cutter and a basic first aid kit;
- Make sure you have all the required tools for changing a tyre;
- Get any window chips and cracks repaired before travelling;
- When travelling long distances, have a second driver to assist with the drive time.
- Make sure you have Insurance assist with Iemas STI, to assist you during an emergency on the road.
- Keep spare masks and hand sanitizer in your car and luggage;
- Make sure that when you dine out, the table, menu, cutlery and condiments are sanitized;
- When you shop, sanitize all items that you bought and keep a safe social distance at all times;
- Make sure that your holiday accommodation is sanitized and cleaned regularly.
Iemas Insurance Brokers offers affordable comprehensive short-term insurance for your car and home, buildings and personal belongings. We can give you up to 12 multiple quotes to choose from and our claims process is easy and efficient. In addition to securing your belongings, we also secure your family and future with life cover, funeral cover, retirement plans, disability cover, education savings plans and more. Iemas Insurance Brokers is an authorised financial service provider (FSP 47563) and wholly-owned subsidiary of Iemas Financial Services. Speak to one of our consultants today, visit our website or download the app: 0860 102 383 | www.iemasinsurancebrokers.co.za.