Enjoy more happy miles with your vehicle by using the below vehicle safety checklist:
- Ensure that your car is completely roadworthy. Check the tyres, brakes, windscreen wipers and lights (headlights, fog lights and break lights);
- Make sure that you have an emergency kit in your car, this will include: jumper cables, foldable reflective triangle, tow rope, emergency window hammer with seatbelt cutter and a basic first aid kit;
- Make sure you have all the required tools for changing a tyre;
- Get any window chips and cracks repaired as soon as possible;
- Make sure your car licence disc and your drivers’ licence are both still valid;
- Check your oil and water regularly;
- When travelling long distances, have a second driver to assist with the drive time.
- Make sure you have Insurance Assist with Iemas STI and that you save the number on your phone, to assist you during an emergency on the road.
- If your car is making strange noises or if it feels like something is wrong with your car, pull off at the nearest petrol station, shopping mall or parking area where you feel safe. Lock your call and call the Insurance Assist provider (as per your insurance policy).
We offer affordable comprehensive short-term insurance for your car and home, buildings and personal belongings. Get up to 12 multiple quotes to choose from – our claims process is easy and efficient. In addition to securing your belongings, we also secure your family and future with life cover, funeral cover, retirement plans, disability cover, education savings plans and more.
Speak to one of our consultants today, visit our website or download the app: 0860 102 383 | www.iemasinsurancebrokers.co.za.